Cultural and Social
- The motto of this year’s International Mosques Day is “Mosques, Pivot of Unity of Islamic Ummah”, an official said.
- – A senior Iranian cleric hailed organization of various Quran competitions in the country, saying such events help to inspire the youth to get more aquatinted with the Holy Book.
- The 39th edition of the Quran competition of Tehran province came to an end on Thursday night at the holy shrine of Emamzadeh Abdullah (AS) in Rey, south of the Iranian capital.
- The Iraqi embassy in Tehran and its consulates in three other cities as of next week will start issuing visas for Iranians wishing to take part in Arbaeen pilgrimage to the Iraqi holy city of Karbala.
- Kimia Alizadeh became the first Iranian woman to won an Olympics medal by winning bronze in -57 kg class of taekwondo at Rio 2016.
- The head of Prophet (PBUH)’s religious seminary said that martyrdom is a matter of pride for all of us. Most of our youth who were going to war fronts believed that they would be martyred and the...
- There has been unlimited increase in Islamophobia and violence against the Muslims in America.
- Tehran’s provisional Friday Prayers Leader Ayatollah Seyed Ahmad Khatami strongly blasted the western countries for the
- Five-year-old Hussein Mohammad Tahir, visually impaired since birth, managed a feat few able-bodied people can
- Sana Talal al-Rantisi is a visually-impaired Palestinian woman who has learned the entire Quran by heart.
- Brazil welcomed the world Friday to the first Olympic Games in South America with officially opening the games in a colorful ceremony at Rio's Maracana stadium.
- A Northern Virginia woman says she was fired from a new job because she wore a Muslim head scarf to work.