Cultural and Social
- Slovak Woman Faces Jail Time for Desecrating the Quran
- Representatives of Iran in two upcoming international Quran competitions were selected.
- For pre-nursing freshman Rand Salous, God is everything. The Quran asks that she be modest, and so, like millions of Muslim women, she wears a hijab.
- Mosques have always had a special status for Muslims. The following old mosques, built in different eras in the Islamic history, are manifestations of the Islamic civilization in those eras.
- Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei called on Iranian officials to devise plans and mobilize efforts to find a decisive solution to the problems that have afflicted the...
- The United Nations children's agency is warning that almost 1.4 million children are at "imminent risk of death" as famine threatens parts of South Sudan, Nigeria, Somalia and Yemen.
- The Canadian government put its weight behind a parliamentary motion condemning Islamophobia, in spite of attacks from right-wing politicians and activists who claim it infringes on freedom of...
- A spontaneous outpouring of support for the Muslim community was the response to a small short-lived anti-Islam protest outside a downtown Toronto mosque on Friday.
- In a ceremony held in Tehran on Friday, winners of a nationwide Quran competition organized by the Imam Ali (AS) Dar-ol-Quran Center were announced and awarded.
- Muslim families are finding it increasingly difficult to secure a school place for their children, particularly at second level.
- Muslims Were Banned From the Americas as Early as the 16th Century
- The dialogue stems from concerns expressed by US bishops in the wake of “a serious uptick in violence against American Muslims … to make sure that they are sensitive to what is going on in the (...