Cultural and Social
- In a new study, scientists from the Florida campus of The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI) have identified a possible drug candidate that suppresses pain and itch in animal models.
- Sara Sadat Khademalsharieh from Iran finished in fourth place at the FIDE Grand Prix in Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia.
- Leader of the Islamic Revolution has issued a directive to mandate immediate addressing of Hilla terrorist attack in Iraq and Semnan train crash as priority.
- Khademalsharieh Iran's representative at the final leg of the FIDE Women’s GP drew against Georgia's's Batsiashvili, the top athlete so far into the event.
- All members of a family in the Gaza Strip, Palestine, are memorizers of the entire Quran.
- The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) on Monday expressed concern over a report that a 16-year-old Muslim boxer from Minnesota was barred from a match in Florida because she wears an...
- Iraq’s top cleric Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani condemned a recent deadly attack targeting pilgrims near Hillah, saying the perpetrators of the carnage will pay for their crimes on the battleground.
- Ginella Massa filled in on Toronto’s CityNews 11pm broadcast and created a buzz after the broadcast ended
- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani called for tougher action by the Iraqi government in countering perpetrators of terrorist attacks, after a suicide truck bomb blast at a gas station near Hilla, south...
- The US Congress’ recent decision to renew sanctions against Iran runs counter to Washington’s commitments under the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), a senior Iranian cleric said Friday.
- The Islamic Organization of North America (IONA) is hosting its 12th annual convention in Detroit this weekend.
- A senior Iranian scholar said the Holy Quran’s emphasis on the need for Muslims and Christians to come together has provided proper ground for dialogue and interaction between followers of the two...