The global Islamic finance industry, which is witnessing phenomenal growth rates with expansions in Europe and sukuk listings, will see a new entrant in Russia that hopes to cash in on the substantial Muslim population in the European country.
- 22/Feb/2017 - 11:09
- 22/Feb/2017 - 11:07Slovak Woman Faces Jail Time for Desecrating the Quran
- 22/Feb/2017 - 11:03Representatives of Iran in two upcoming international Quran competitions were selected.
- 22/Feb/2017 - 11:01For pre-nursing freshman Rand Salous, God is everything. The Quran asks that she be modest, and so, like millions of Muslim women, she wears a hijab.
- 22/Feb/2017 - 10:58Mosques have always had a special status for Muslims. The following old mosques, built in different eras in the Islamic history, are manifestations of the Islamic civilization in those eras.
- 22/Feb/2017 - 10:47The 6th international conference on Palestinian Intifada (uprising) started work in Tehran on Tuesday with Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei and senior Iranian officials and representatives from more than 50 countries in attendance.
- 22/Feb/2017 - 10:39Rudkhan Castle is located 25km southwest of Foman in Northern Province of Gilan. After crossing a mountainous winding route and passing dense and very beautiful jungles, the first thing that the traveler discovers is the castle’s big entrance gate which is grand and huge.
- 22/Feb/2017 - 10:36People with autism show an atypical pattern of brain activity when trying to adopt another person’s point of view, reports a new study.
- 22/Feb/2017 - 10:35Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei called on Iranian officials to devise plans and mobilize efforts to find a decisive solution to the problems that have afflicted the southwestern province of Khuzestan, including flooding, dust pollution and blackouts.
- 22/Feb/2017 - 10:33The United Nations children's agency is warning that almost 1.4 million children are at "imminent risk of death" as famine threatens parts of South Sudan, Nigeria, Somalia and Yemen.
- 22/Feb/2017 - 10:31A type of treatment for multiple sclerosis that 'resets' the immune system may stop progression of the disease in nearly half of patients.
- 18/Feb/2017 - 10:58The Canadian government put its weight behind a parliamentary motion condemning Islamophobia, in spite of attacks from right-wing politicians and activists who claim it infringes on freedom of speech.
- 18/Feb/2017 - 10:55A spontaneous outpouring of support for the Muslim community was the response to a small short-lived anti-Islam protest outside a downtown Toronto mosque on Friday.
- 18/Feb/2017 - 10:53In a ceremony held in Tehran on Friday, winners of a nationwide Quran competition organized by the Imam Ali (AS) Dar-ol-Quran Center were announced and awarded.
- 18/Feb/2017 - 10:49Late diagnosis of cancer leads to millions of people enduring needless suffering and premature death, and efforts to catch the disease earlier must be stepped up, the World Health Organization said on Friday.
- 18/Feb/2017 - 10:47Muslim families are finding it increasingly difficult to secure a school place for their children, particularly at second level.
- 18/Feb/2017 - 10:44Muslims Were Banned From the Americas as Early as the 16th Century
- 18/Feb/2017 - 10:42The dialogue stems from concerns expressed by US bishops in the wake of “a serious uptick in violence against American Muslims … to make sure that they are sensitive to what is going on in the (Muslim) communities,” said Anthony Cirelli, associate director of the Secretariat for Ecumenical and Interreligious Affairs at the US Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- 18/Feb/2017 - 10:40The number of anti-Muslim hate groups in America tripled last year, according to a report released Wednesday by the Southern Poverty Law Center, a watchdog organization that tracks political extremists.
- 18/Feb/2017 - 10:38The weekend of the presidential inauguration, during his opening monologue on “Saturday Night Live,” host Aziz Ansari made the compelling observation that Islamophobia is largely a result of lack of exposure to Muslims beyond how they are portrayed by Hollywood and in the news. He joked that the news should consider counter programming just showing four Muslim people eating nachos in Chicago.
- 18/Feb/2017 - 10:35Iranian People from all ages and social strata took part in a ceremony on Thursday to commemorate the 40th day after the demise of former president Ayatollah Hashemi Rafsanjani.
- 18/Feb/2017 - 10:26Brains of Those with ADHD Show Smaller Structures Related to Emotion esday in the medical journal The Lancet Psychiatry.People diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder have smaller brain volume than those without the disorder, according to a study published Wednesday in the medical journal The Lancet Psychiatry.
- 18/Feb/2017 - 10:24Tehran's provisional Friday Prayers Leader Ayatollah Kazem Seddiqi warned against the collapse of the Bahraini regime in case it continues the heavy-handed crackdown on its people, urging Manama to respect the will of the people.
- 18/Feb/2017 - 10:23Iranian national freestyle wrestling team won the 2017 Freestyle World Cup for sixth time in a row on Friday.
- 15/Feb/2017 - 11:29The Imam Ali (AS) Islamic Center in Vienna, Austria, plans to launch a database of the country’s Quran activists.
- 15/Feb/2017 - 11:25President Hassan Rouhani has sent greetings to Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov on the re-election as Turkmenistan President.
- 15/Feb/2017 - 11:21The helmer's decision not to attend the Academy Awards in response to President Trump’s stance on immigration could make his film a rallying cry for Hollywood to protest Trump's Muslim ban, Hollywood Reporter reported.
- 15/Feb/2017 - 11:14Few women have been hailed under such esteem that their names were risen near that of prophets, and their stories inscribed in the pages of the Quran so that those who wish to learn wisdom would recognise the grace of such characters … Only four women were ever spoken into the Quran – their piety forever enshrined as purified, together true and transcendent.
- 15/Feb/2017 - 11:12“Hate does not make you great” was the message delivered at a rally welcoming Muslims to New Zealand.
More than 200 people gathered in Palmerston North to show their support for countries targeted by US President Donald Trump’s controversial travel ban for people from seven Muslim-majority countries.
Speaking to the crowd, Palmerston North city councillor Brent Barret, originally from America, compared the ban on Muslims to the persecution of Jewish people during World War Two.
“Today we know our history and we are standing up for justice and human rights.”
- 15/Feb/2017 - 11:11The event, called “Stand Up Against Islamophobia” was the first in a series of events hosted by Harvard Hillel called “Stand Up,” aimed at engaging Harvard’s faith groups and addressing discrimination against religious minorities.